THIN FILM HYBRID PV


 

 

1.HYBRID… to create higher energy production

HYBRID absorbs both ultraviolet (short) rays and infrared (long) rays.

The yellow area shows the typical solar spectrum. The amorphous silicon and micro-crystalline silicon arrows represent the spectrum band that solar panels use to turn light into electricity

Osaka-city. A case of low angle (5 degrees) installation, due south. Based on Kaneka’s power generation forecast

Kaneka offers not only amorphous silicon thin film solar modules,but also the new HYBRID solar module.
Kaneka’s HYBRID solar panel has a tandem structure.
Its dual-layer structure of microcrystalline and amorphous silicon can capture from short to long wavelengths of the light spectrum, allowing the HYBRID to convert even more sunlight into electricity.
This enhances the efficiency of power generation, and produces up to 30% higher power output than conventional thin-film amorphous silicon panels. The HYBRID delivers greater performance capabilities and offers a lower open circuit voltage for enhanced design flexibility. Kaneka’s HYBRID panel is the future of solar power.

2.The HYBRID cell structure is shadow tolerant.

For example, if 20% of one cell becomes shady, remaining 80% of the cell can generate power normally.

Unlike traditional crystalline panels, the HYBRID cells allow it to perform even if part of the panel is shaded*.
*The cell configuration allows it to prevent power output deterioration under shadow dropped conditions like picture below.

3.HYBRID panels are ideal for low angle installations.

Because of HYBRID’s cell structure, low angle (5 degree) roof installations are possible without a significant loss of power generation by shadow. Panels can be installed close together, allowing for more roof coverage and higher power output.

The case of high angle set up > The case of hybrid solar panel